Sunday, February 6, 2011

Daniel Amos- Vox Humana "Sanctuary"



Never really was into "mainstream" CCMusic. I guess I have Don Rakestraw, Nori Kelly and the entire Christian Brother Family to thank for this. Oh yeah....and Billy Anderson, he was instrumental in getting me to "hear" what I'd never heard before.

This is not an indictment against any form of CCMusic, but merely my preference. Hey folks...you like what you like when it comes to music. I cut my new-born-babe-Christian-teeth on John Michael and Terry Talbot / Randy Stonehill / Larry Norman / Mark Heard / Daniel Amos / Phil Keaggy / Sweet Comfort Band / Honeytree / Barry McGuire / Keith Greene / Dogwood and others too numerous to mention but none the less, helped form in me and fed me music that went beyond the ears.

As Popeye always stated so eloquently...."I yam what I yam", except in this case, God killed my old nature and resurrected me to new life. Ain't that Cool?
Good stuff.
Enjoy DA....
God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...