Sunday, February 6, 2011

God Is Moving!


God is moving in many different meetings and in many different teaching. There is a stirring that is happening as the Spirit of God is touching lives. This stirring is not a self-edification of the individual, it is a validation that we all have a part in the Kingdom of God. A stirring to look beyond ourselves and our ability. A stirring to see with a vision that is not always used. That vision being "faith."

II Corinthians 5:7 reads:  That is why we live by believing (Faith) and not be seeing (Sight)
Do you see this?
We live......
Exist.....
Move around daily to the marketplace, the workplace, school and yes...........even church.
We are directed by faith.
Faith connects us to God.
Faith is the glue that keeps the believer from spinning off into a world of sin.
Faith is what lets me see my life with all my circumstances and situations and instead of miring myself down in what I think I need to do, Faith allows me to look higher and seek wisdom from above.
James 1:5 - If you need wisdom....if you want to know what God wants you to do...ask him and he will gladly tell you.

Yet faith is something we keep in our back pocket, a kind of "religious" get-out-of-jail-free card. We don't want to waste our faith. Keep it for the big stuff, so to speak. Yet faith that kept hidden under a basket is faith that withers and dies. Faith is meant to be pulled out and used. To be exercised. We, at Rapha, have a saying..."You have to put legs to your faith or it is of no use." Putting "legs" to faith, means that it is a part of our everyday living and decision making process. I decline my own council to seek God and his wisdom.

In Luke 17:6, Jesus refers to "little faith". That even with the smallest amount of faith, great things could happen. We may actually be exercising faith without even realizing it. It takes faith to believe that a "Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity. It takes faith to work through the steps of a recovery program. Faith is my heart, my soul and my will directed toward Jesus Christ in the assurance that He knows and sees and will direct me in  my daily walk. His direction is better than mine. Throw in the simple fact that He loves me and boy...what a powerful connection. I've seen the best this world system has to offer....no thanks. I'll take God every day, every time.

God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...