Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Is He?

Psalm 23:1
The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want (or lack anything).

Taught from this verse last night at the Bible Study.
I don't know how many times I have read it, studied it and yet God keeps unraveling new insight.
When Jesus came from heaven and invaded our time and space, he taught a very simple message.
"THE KINGDOM OF GOD!" He said that it was here, it was near but it was not yet.
In other words, when Jesus appeared in the form of man, the rule and reign of God was coming into conflict with the powers of darkness and the forces of Satan. There was warfare and there was demonstrations of power as God's Word declared that healing was available and demonic spirits could be broken off of people and removed.

It was the beginning of the end, so to speak.
Ever since that time, the rule and reign of God has been very evident in this world through the lives of people who are saved.  Do we not pray in the Lord's Prayer, "Your Kingdom come, Your Kingdom will be done here on earth as it is being done in heaven?" Yes. We are asking God to bring His rule and reign where we are. I desire for God to be more in my life than a thought or a concept. I desire for Jesus to be LORD and Savior over me. I desire to submit myself to His rule and reign, that my own will and desires be cast aside.

We see this in Matthew 6:33 -  Seek ye first the KINGDOM OF GOD and His righteousness and all these things will be added. Real life begins with a new focus or perspective. God's rule in my life becomes the foremost thing. I don't concern myself with my own personal wants or needs because when my heart lines up with the heart of Father God, then like the verse says....."all these things will be added." Wow!
Maybe that is why David could write, "The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want." In other words, the Lord becomes the one I look to, not me and because of this attitude and position I have chosen to take, my needs are met in Him.  That is way cool.

Chew on this today and see what God would show you.
Have you made Him your Lord and Savior?
Today is a good day.
Believe on Him.
Trust Him.
Follow Him.

God on you.....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...