Thursday, February 24, 2011

Maranatha, Lord Jesus!


Jesus gives me hope.
The world (Society/people/governments/way of doing business ) seeks to take it away.
Jesus gives me a today hope and a tomorrow hope.
Tomorrow's hope is found in his return for me.
I view it as if I die before His return.....I win. I go to be with Him.
If I live long enough to see His return for His church......I win....I go to be with Him.
Jesus' Hope helps me to see above the depression and death and falseness that this world declares to be real life.
Jesus' Hope helps me to hear the one true voice that can help me navigate daily this life.

I know that I know that I know.....Deep inside knowing......as Scripture reads...the truth in the innermost parts...that this Jesus is who He says He is and will do what He says He will do. I think maybe that is faith on my part.  Why now? Why this focusing on hope and faith and Jesus?
Have you looked around?
Have you checked out what's going on world wide?
It's a mess. Oh, it's always been a mess, but now...today...it seems that the mess is getting out of control. Sin is ramping up and what you and I perceive to be common sense is in short supply when it comes to the governments of this planet.
In the midst of all the chaos.....
In the midst of what some perceive to be the absence of Jesus.....
He is still in control.
To me, it's kind of like having a fish on a line and allowing him to run with it for a short distance before you reel him back in. God is allowing these things to happen. Why? I know this might not make sense to some...but it's all part of His plan.

Matthew 21:25-28
And there will be signs in sun and moon and stars, and upon the earth dismay among the nations, in perplexity at the roaring of the sea and the waves. Men fainting from fear and the expectation of the things which are coming upon the world; for the powers of the heavens will be shaken
And then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. But when these things begin to take place, straighten up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.

It doesn't matter what country you may live in.....
It doesn't matter what form of government you may live under.....

It doesn't matter what the men who lead your government may say......
There is a voice that is higher than all voices....One who speaks truth.....
There is a King who is king over all who claim to be king.
There is a Lord who is lord over all who claim to be lord.
His name is Jesus.
and his heart if for me and for you to become a part of his family.
To become sons and daughters of the Most high God.

If you read on in Matthew 21 you'll read this:
Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will not pass away.
Be on guard that your hearts may not be weighed down with dissipation and drunkenness and the worries of life, and that day come on you suddenly like a trap, for it will come upon all those who dwell on the face of all the earth.


I want these words today to be words of encouragement.
I want these words today to draw you to search out this Jesus for yourself.

I want you to know that you are loved and cared for by one who is able to save you ...spirit, body and soul...
Who is it?
Jesus.....

Know today that I love you (even though we have never met)
Know today that I am praying for you.
Pray for me if you will.
Hopefully at some point, we will meet in heaven and can share our stories with each other.

God on you....
mb

2 comments:

Patti said...

Awesome post! Thank you. I really needed to read this.

Greene Street Letters said...

Thanks Patti.
I really have to keep myself focused on Jesus...If I don't, I'll be out somewhere doing something I shouldn't be doing.
God is good to keep me on the path moving forward and upward.
Michael B.

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...