Saturday, June 11, 2011

Memories




Time: Early 70's.
I had given up all my music. Records, 8 - tracks (remember those?). Given them all away.
Why? God told me to.
It was as real a command as I have ever heard in my life.
You see my music collection had become my god. Not an easy thing to say because we don't view such things as being gods. Trust me, they are.
So here I was with an incredible stereo system and no music.
I would be less than honest if I said I wasn't mad at God. I was obedient, but mad.

You know...God wasn't punishing me. He was showing me my heart.
It wasn't that the records or tapes were evil, it was my heart.
God was number 2 (or lower) in my life.
Slowly He began to replace my music.
Little by little we began to hear of other groups and individuals who were recording what we called "Jesus Music" or "Journey Music."
One of the groups that I feel in love with was named BETHLEHEM. Country rock sound, good instrumentation and great vocals.

Now, I am acquainted the lead singer of Bethlehem............Danny Daniels.
He is still recording and teaching on Worship. Traveling and sharing and living his life for God.
His love or fire for God has not dimmed or gone out.
I am grateful for Him and the music he recorded. It helped fill a spot that God created in me.
Thanks Danny!

God on you...
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...