Monday, August 15, 2011

What A Weekend

Mark 16:20
And they went out and preached everywhere, while the Lord worked with them and confirmed the word by the signs that followed.

Saturday night's meeting was simply one for the books.
I guess the greatest validation by God of you doing the right thing is when He shows up in the midst of it.
That is truly what happened.
We had moved through the song list of worship music and was on the last one.
Debbie was singing "Amazing Grace: My Chains Are Gone" and you could tell that God was in that room.
I asked for anyone who simply wanted to be touched by God and receive from God to come forward and be prayed for.
A group of 15-20 men stepped out from their chairs and moved to the front.
I released my wife and others to begin ministering to the men. As they moved from man to man, praying over them, weeping broke out. I'm not talking about crying, I am using the "weeping" word. Shaking uncontrollably, tears streaming down their cheeks. What an incredible sight to watch as God moved through and on each man. Only God can break a man down and release him from the bondage that the devil has placed on him. Only God can cover a man with His love and shatter a heart that is dead and cold.

Two of the men were saved. Now if that don't set you on fire, then your wood's wet.
I had no control over any of it. I just stood back and watched God work. That is payday for me. To be able to talk with a man after the service and he can't stop going on and on about the presence of God and how he'd never felt anything like that before. We do tell them enjoy the feeling, but realize that it is something much deeper that took place. The feeling will dissipate but the faith will remain. Begin to walk and breath and eat by faith rather than the feelings. Enjoy the feelings when they come but don' live by them.

Saturday night was an affirmation of why we do what we do.
The worship music may seem a little strange to some.
The flow of the meeting may seem loose and unorganized.
The message concerning the 12 Steps may seem to be off kilter.
But never doubt that God doesn't care about those who walk into that room.
13 years ago God began to stir me to have a meeting that was focused on Him and His ability to break the bondage of addiction.
We have done this, first at Gadsden Vineyard Church, and now out at Rapha.
During that time we have seen incredible moves of God as He backs up His word with power.
Lives changed.
More Lord!

God on you....
mb

1 comment:

Bobby said...

God is Awesome! I love it when He shows up!

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...