Tuesday, October 4, 2011

That's The Godly Way!

Learning to live a new way.
Laying down old patterns of sinful behavior to embrace a new way of getting through the day.
Being changed by the renewing of our minds by the Holy Spirit of God at work in us.
Learning that I do not have to rely on my own selfish ways or efforts to make it through this day.
Trusting God.
Not trusting myself.
Trusting God that He is who He says He is and that He will do what He says He will do.
Leaning on that truth rather than the old way of doing business with the world.
I no longer have to hustle.
I no longer have to scam or con.
I no longer have to walk around constantly planning and looking for people I can put a touch on.

I like what it says in Job 22

Submit to God and be at peace with him. In this way prosperity will come to you.
We read the word "prosperity" and the dollar signs go off in our heads. Life is more than material possessions. Scripture says that we should prosper as our soul prospers. Prosperity comes in our growth as a believer.

Accept instruction from his mouth and lay up his words in your heart.
It's more than hearing the word of God. It is putting into practice what you've heard. When I lay up the words of God in my heart, I am filling myself up with the good things of God. If I am filling myself up, then something has to be removed to make room. What would that be? Hmmmmmm....would it be all the garbage the world and Satan has offered to me that I accepted? I think so. I'm getting rid of all the stinky stuff and replacing it with the light and truth of God.

If you return to the Almighty, you will be restored. If you remove wickedness far from your tent and assign your nuggets to the dust, your gold of Ophir to the rocks in the ravines, then the Almighty will be your gold, the choicest silver for you.
Here again we have the great trade off. The riches that we've accumulated from our sinful nature are nothing compared to the riches that God desires to give us. I mean come on....you read scripture about heaven and the streets of gold. Gates made from huge pearls. Every precious stone you could think of. Now if the building materials of heaven are these things we think are important, it just goes to show you that God views them as materials...like brick, mortar, stone, wood, etc.....In other words, God himself is the treasure not the things he has created. Dude...we are going to be walking on gold. But the true treasure will be seated on a throne and we will get the opportunity to worship him. That will be cool x 10.

Surely then you will find delight in the Almighty and will lift up your face to God.
The true peace....
The true desire of our heart will be to delight ourselves in God.

This one on one time of relationship when we come into the presence of God will cause all else that we thought to be important to simply disappear. It's like the words of the song......Turn your eyes upon Jesus...look full in that wonderful face...and the things of earth will grow strangely dim in the light of His glory and grace.

I can't wait till I see and experience the reality of what I believe here on this side of eternity.
Come quickly, Lord Jesus!

God on you.....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...