Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Big 60


Dude....
Today is my birthday......60!
That is so surreal that I can't wrap my head around it.
Both my sons called early this morning and we got to chat for a while.
My grand kids are coming over tonight to have birthday waffles with me.
I could pontificate for a long time about the blessings and goodness God has given to me and my family, but I won't.
Suffice it say that I am grateful for every day God has given to me.
I pray that I spent it wisely and brought no embarrassment to His name.
I am grateful to Steve and Marilyn for giving me an opportunity and a place here at Rapha.
I am grateful to Bill Hays for sharing from his wisdom and life with me.
I am grateful to Gene and Mike for taking Rapha to the next level and continuing the work of God here at this rehab.

I am grateful to Brendon and Jeff for the diligence and their friendship.
I am grateful to Barry and Deb for answering the call to Rapha and for our friendship.
I am grateful to Debbie and Wayne for coming out each week to share their talents and heart with the men in this program.
I am grateful to Rainney for bringing a fresh view and a different way that really is an old way to the program.
I am grateful for Richard who has dedicated his life to recovery.
And I am grateful to my wife, Vicki, who answered the call with me to work in this part of God's Kingdom.

I am grateful to God that he did not give up on me, but continued to work in me and through me.
I am grateful for 60.

God on you....
mb

4 comments:

David Finlayson said...

happy birthday old friend.

Bobby said...

I thank God for you Mike! Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Deb Hood said...

Happy late birthday, Mike !!! Hope you had a great day !!

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...