Thursday, November 3, 2011

I Look Like The GREAT PUMPKIN!!


Vacation! Me in my natural habitat....I look like a crusty ol coot...but I'm not. In fact, I'm pretty easy going. Ask my grand children and they'll tell you that Poppa is a big ol' gummy bear!
Florida ---on the balcony overlooking the ocean with my family.
I look kind of pompous in this pic...I'm not. I think, if my memory serves me well, we had just finished a wonderful meal and were gathered on the balcony for some conversation.

Today has been kind of a vacation day. Not that I was off..I wasn't.
But there was a lot of satisfaction in the day.
I felt as though the day counted for something and was not wasted. It o.k. to have what I refer to as "do nothing" days every now and then. I just don't need to string a bunch of them together at one time.

Sometime the feeling of contentment just washes over me with an incredible rush.
Being content with who I am.
Being content with where I am.
Being content with life in general.
Yet all the while, maintaining an on going desire to follow Jesus. I never want to loose that.

Psalm 95:6-7 reads:  Come let us worship and bow down. Let us kneel before the LORD our Maker. For He is our God, and we are the people of His pasture, and the sheep of His Hand........
Worship is what defines my life.
It's more than music or songs....
It's more than feelings or emotions....
It's what comes from me in every thing I do.
Whether I'm at work, teaching a class....
Or I'm mowing my grass or cleaning out the gutters...
Every thing I do is worship unto God.
Like I said, worship defines me.
It reveals my heart, both good and bad, and keeps me focused on following Jesus.
Worship is  "31"....
That 24/7....
365 days a year. According to the verses in Psalm 95, worship involves assembling together with like minded believers for a corporate setting. It also involves posturing....according to Verse 6....let us kneel before the Lord our Maker. American Christianity isn't really big on the posturing thing. I do think it has become more accepted in church, but still some find it a little "hinky" when it comes to actually carrying it out. You see, I'm just kind of crazy that if it is written in the Bible, then maybe we ought to consider it. I know..I know...some will say, "Well, that was the Old Testament and is primarily written to the Jews." Point! I'll give you that one. But on the other hand, it is in the Bible. We read it....and what's the worse that could happen? We get our knees dirty. What's the best that could happen? It stirs the heart of Father God to see His children honoring Him to the point that He shows up in the midst of the worship. I think I would lean toward the 2nd. The whole "God-shows-up-thing". 

Me thinks I've rambled enough for now.
Just for the sake of experimentation....
Try kneeling sometime when you pray or worship.
Try laying on your face...that is also a way cool way to be in the presence of God.
Food for thought.

God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...