Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanksgiving Thoughts

The days are becoming full and I find myself  to simply be the man God has called me to be.
I want to share with you from Romans 15:13:
Now the God of the hope fill you with every joy and hope in the sphere of believing, resulting in your super abounding in the sphere of the  hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. (Wuest Translation)

There are boundaries to this life we now live in. If, through my own free will choice, decide to remain within those boundaries, I will experience the blessings of God. Now this does not mean that I am surrounded by some divine rabbits foot that gives me good luck. You know...I win the lottery....A long lost relative that has died left me a trazillion dollars in inheritance....that's does not compute to the blessings of God. The real blessings of God are always working and coming from a place of the spiritual that infects and affects our natural being and world. In other words, God works in me an affects the world around me.

I choose to give my will to God today.
I have chosen to give him my life years ago.
These two choices enable me to life for him today.
These two choices enable me to move through this world today under the guidance and divine mandate of God.
Divine mandate? Sounds high and mighty, maybe even a bit snooty. Not so.
The mandate is simply to love.
Love God.
Love those who love God.
Love those who don't love God.
Search these things out for yourself today......
From my house to you....
Have a happy Thanksgiving.....

God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...