Saturday, February 11, 2012

It's All About The Cross Of Christ



I Corinthians 2:2 - For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.

God leads each person who is called to teach into specific areas of Scripture. Some, like Chuck Smith, have been lead to teach only the Scripture itself. He teaches through the Bible completely, expounding only the Word of God. Others, such as Perry Stone, Hal Lindsey, teach prophetically and bring illumination to portions of the Scripture that are hard to understand. Some, like Billy Graham, are used by God to lead countless millions to Christ for salvation. In my case, I have been lead to the cross of Christ and it is there I must stay.

The people that God places around me are men who have very little, if any, religious training of any sort. I'm not complaining because they are far easier to teach than someone who grew up in church and has enough so-called "knowledge" about God. My question to the church goer who just happens to like crystal meth and crack is, "What happened to your Jesus? If your Jesus is so hot, how did you end up here in rehab?" You see the problem isn't with Jesus. It is with their understanding of who Christ is and exactly what salvation means. What better place to begin with than at the cross. Why the cross?

Paul refers to the cross of Jesus Christ as the power of God and holds it up as a standard against what he refers to as the wisdom of men. What do we see when we look at the cross? First, God's hatred for sin. Man kind has a way of wanting to minimize sin, excuse it or simply blame someone else, but everyone of these excuses comes to a grinding halt when we are brought to the cross of Christ. The cross stands for uncovering of my heart so that I can see the truth of myself in the light of God's grace and mercy. Then I can come and receive forgiveness of my sins and find freedom from my sin.

Truth be known, you could say that the cross of Christ is like a magnet. It has a drawing influence for those who believe and are saved. At the same time, it has a repelling influence for those whose hearts remain hard and dead, rejecting the gift of eternal life. The cross either draws you in or drives you away.

I Corinthians 1:18 - The Message that points to Christ on the cross seems like sheer silliness to those hellbent on destruction, but for those on the way of salvation it makes perfect sense (Mess Bible)

At the cross, the sinner is forgiven and accepted.
At the cross, they are cleansed and relieved of the burden of sin.
At the cross, they are pardoned and transformed.
And at the cross, we not only find justification and acceptance with God, but is is also where we find the power to overcome sin.

John 12:32-33 - "And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself."
We who were sunk and lost in sin have been found and raised by the power of the cross.

Why not let the love of Christ lead you into the life you secretly have been hoping, searching and praying for.
He is real....
His love is amazing.....
God on you
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...