Monday, February 6, 2012

Strange Fire....Don't Play Around With It!

Leviticus 10
Aaron's sons Nadab and Abihu put coals of fire in their incense burners and sprinkled incense over it. In this way, they disobeyed the Lord by burning before him a different or strange fire than he had commanded. So fire blazed forth from the Lord's presence and burned them up, and they died there before the Lord.

Not a particular happy story.
Not a feel good story, but one we need to see and read about none the less.
One of the most dangerous and subtle attitudes that a human heart can possess is the thought of, "I want to do this my way." A thought that disregards the ways of God and simply leans upon the idea that God will accept me no matter what I do.
He didn't accept Cain in the book of Genesis because Cain wanted to approach God in his own way.
God didn't accept Uzzah in the book of Kings. Uzzah was just trying to keep the ark of God from falling off the cart. Uzzah touched the ark and was killed immediately. Never mind that King David had decided how he wanted the ark brought to Jerusalem. Never mind that David's way was contrary to how God had commanded the ark to be brought in.

From Quick Study Bible
Tragedy always strikes careless arrogant attitudes when they confront the divine mind. Modern man has been pushed far from respect and honor for leadership, a result of God's WORD being removed from our modern societies. Without fear of God comes a severs source of deep destruction.
Leviticus 10 tells us that God set the example by killing both of them for their profane fire which took them beyond the WORD of God. This was not wise!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Psalm 119:11 - I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.
What is your heart full of? Is it full of your own thoughts of what you want to do and how you want to do it. Is is filled with thoughts of what you want to do for God, even though God hasn't called you to do these things? Let your heart be filled with His WORD, and then simply do not stray outside of what God is telling you to do.

Psalm 119:133 - Guide my steps by your word, so I will not be overcome by evil.
Scripture says we are to "live by faith and not by sight." Faith that is given by and returned to God as we daily move under the leading of His Holy Spirit living inside each follower of Jesus. I like what the verse says......Guide me so that I will not be overcome by evil. You want to be free from the stings and wounds of the devil and his minions............then follow Jesus.

God on you.....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...