Saturday, April 28, 2012

A New Creation Of Infinite Worth


Do you ever really stop to think about yourself? I don't mean that you think about your needs or wants, or ever dreams or desires, but the real "you". Do you ever stop to consider that you are carrying around the breath of God...that you are an image bearer of Almighty God?

Do you ever stop to think about the complexities of how you were created?
I do.
I have often wondered why I think certain things are funny and others aren't.
I have pondered why I feel great compassion about certain things, while others kind of slip under my emotional radar.
I know that people with initials and degrees after their names might say, "Well, he is a by product of his environment and parental upbringing. I would have to disagree. I have a brother (who just happened to be raised by the same parents I was) and we are nothing alike. His sense of humor and his abilities are far different from mine. In fact, my wife sometimes has made the comment that "You really must have been adopted because you aren't anything like the rest of your family."

I spend time with my sons, and once again I see the difference not only in their personalities, but in their physical appearance. Chad resembles his mother, while Josh has more of my physical traits. Yet, they both have sharp minds and a sense of humor that amazes me.

I think King David put it best in Psalm 139:13-16
For you formed my inward parts. You covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well. My frame was not hidden from You, when I was made in secret, and skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed, and in Your book they all were written, the days fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them.

And in this incredible creation, formed and given life by God............sin has birthed a nature, or bent to do the wrong thing.in each of us. A mindset or what ever you want to call it, to be independent from God...to be rebellious in our ways. We are selfish and self-centered.
All the problems we have today....
All the mistakes and destruction we have brought about in our own lives....
Is due to sin, and the power it holds over us.
That is why God is so adamant about taking back His creation. His heart burns with love for each of us and that is why Jesus' death and resurrection is the key to having life that God truly wanted us to have.
We still have to walk out our days here on planet earth. A planet that is under the dominion and control of Satan and his kingdom.
But God is long-suffering and patient as with each generation, His voice of invitation to leave the old life and embrace a new one goes out to every person on the face of this planet.

Yes, I am a living, breathing, thinking soul who is very aware of life.
But it is the eternal gift of God that raises my awareness of what life truly consists of.
Without salvation and the gift of the Holy Spirit in me, I would wander my days in a spiritual darkness thinking that what I was experiencing was the best life could offer me.
How sad that some should live out their existence oblivious to what God has to offer.
I am grateful for the life God has provided for my wife and me.
As I have gotten older, I am very much aware of the frailty of this human body.
But my heart still beats strong with a love for my creator.

If you don't know my Jesus........
Talk to him. Some people would call this praying and I guess they would be right, but just talk to him.
Tell him that you've made a lot of bad choices during your lifetime and you're just kind of sick living this way.
Ask him to forgive you for all the wrong and bad you've done. People you've hurt and choice you have made, and then receive his forgiveness.
Ask him to give you his Holy Spirit....to fill you up with him.
Then thank him for this new life that you are going to experience.
The last part is.....
BELIEVE!!!!
Believe that what you have just said is true and that God will do for you what you have asked.
I don't think you'll be disappointed.

God on you.....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...