Wednesday, November 7, 2012

ECARG ----- Don't Get It Backwards


Amazing?
Yes!
The ability to save someone lost?
Yes!
The Power and Thunder that can break the bondage of addiction?
Yes!
We need GRACE now more than ever.
I don't need to recognize GRACE after the fact.
I need to recognize
GRACE in the moment.
My attitude becomes too loose and I am swayed by a moment or a voice.
I find my mind wandering to places it should not go.
I loose focus and my recovery suffers.
I let down my guard and the things of this world draw close to destroy me.
I need God's amazing GRACE.

I Peter 5:8-10
Be sober (wow! imagine that. God calls us to be sober. Must be something to this recovery thing.)

Be a vigilant (Pay attention to what is happening in your thought world and around you in the natural world).

Because your adversary, the devil (Yep! You've got an enemy who does not want to see you succeed. He wants to steal everything from you. Kill you and destroy your name and reputation.)

Walks about (Dude! He isn't God. He can't be everywhere at once. He is not omniscient or omnipotent. He is only blowing smoke at you trying to hoo-do you into believing he is some  kind of all powerful being who is going to win in the end.)

Like a roaring lion (excuse me? The devil has a God complex. He wants to be God. How do I know this? Because Jesus is the Lion of The Tribe of Judah. He, the devil, is trying to imitate Jesus....He appears as an angel of light with soothing words that are coverings for the lies that are a part of his arsenal.)

Seeking whom he may devour (He looks for the non-believers. Those who are rebellious. Those who have a form of religion but deny the Power of God.

That is why I need the GRACE of God.
That is why I need the Empowering presence of God in my life that enables me to be who I was created to be.......and do what God is calling me to do.

Grace....
If you go on down in I Peter 5, you'll run across this verse.

But may the God of all GRACE, who calls us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you.

That is a promise....
May you find the truth of it today.....
God on you.....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...