Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Fruit No.# 2 --- JOY



.....But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy.......

One of the by products of God's Holy Spirit at work in me, is joy.
Truth be known, joy is simply another shade or hue of love.
Joy is love that is excited...
Joy is love that has an exuberance for life.

Joy is a deep love and appreciation for what Christ has done for us.
An appreciation for this new way of living that we now are walking out.
We may not know all the answers.

We may not know what is out there in our future....
But there is a joy inside me because I don't have to live the same old way I was living.
Joy.....

Joy comes from knowing Christ...
Knowing who He truly is in my life....

Joy

Psalm 5:11 - But let all those rejoice who put their trust in You...let them ever shout for JOY, because you defend them. Let those also who love Your name be JOYful in You.

Psalm 16:11 - You will show me the path of life. In Your presence is fullness of JOY. At Your right hand are pleasures forever more.

Acts 2:28 - You have made known to me the ways of life. You will make me full of JOY in Your presence.

Romans 15:13 - Now may the God of hope fill you with all JOY and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

James 1:2 - My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience.

So, I don't look for joy in this world. By that, I mean that I do not look to society or culture to provide me with joy. The joy this world offers is fleeting, false and brings no stability to our lives. It merely teases us with false promises and feeds our old nature, seeking to draw us back into a lifestyle of destruction.

The joy I chase after was forged and birthed from the foundation of this world. Real joy is found in an individual.....Jesus Christ.
God on you.....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...