Thursday, November 1, 2012

Ready, Set, Share!


Angelic encounters....
Transported into the throne room of heaven.....
Sights, sounds and smells not of this earth.....

But from this very place, earth came into being.....
Isaiah the prophet found himself standing before God...
The voice of God filled the expanse.....

"Whom shall I send. And who will go for US?"

Surrounded by angels and living creatures so amazing they defy description...Isaiah stood there pondering the question.
He had a million reasons why he should not speak up. But none stopped the thought that filled his heart.....
Isaiah dropped to his knees and said.....
"Here Am I! Send me."

God still sounds out that same question every day...."Who will go for US?"
Who will go out into the marketplace, the school, the job site and tell others what He has done? Who will share with the man who is hooked on Crystal Meth that the promises made by that drug are all a lie. That there is a Higher, better way found in the person of Jesus.
Who will share with the young girl who smokes weed daily, living under the delusion that she isn't really an addict. She isn't like those others at her school who are taking pain meds by the hand full. Who will go and tell her that she is slowly throwing her life away.
Who will go to the parent who has become so desperate to save their child that they become the very enabler of the addiction. A parent so blind to what needs to be done for their child that they truly are "Loving Them To Death." Who will go to them.

You see, the addiction that invades a persons life robs them of life here on earth. To see the evidence of such a belief and deal with those situations is a terrible thing. But the one thing that no one really ever talks about is that it also robs a person (or keeps them) from the life that we move to once we die.
This body that we walk around in is merely a shell or covering for the spirit each person has. I can attest to the fact that the body ages and eventually will stop working, but the spirit will continue to live. So, as the Bible states, either heaven or hell awaits us. Where we go is determined by choices we make in this life.

I get a lot of..."Well, Brother Mike, you know....I just don't believe in hell." Isn't it amazing that you don't hear that much about people not believing in heaven? Just because you don't believe in hell doesn't make it one degree cooler. Whenever I encounter someone who wants to debate this issue....someone who is totally against God, heaven, Jesus, the Bible, church and everything else that is good and proper, I usually tell them..."Look, you live your belief's that there isn't a heaven or hell and when you die, you just die and there is nothing beyond that. I'll live my life according to my belief that Jesus died for sinners like me, and through his death and resurrection I have given myself to follow him. At the end of our lives, we'll see who is right...one of us has to be right, so we'll find out after we die." Usually that response isn't met with approval.

As a good friend of mine told me once..."You know when we die and we stand before Jesus, there won't be any "Whoopsies" or "Do overs". That is why I want to share the good news about what Jesus can do to lie of addiction. That you no longer have to live in the shadow of death daily. You can be delivered, saved and sealed with God's Holy Spirit for an abundant life here and now......
And eternal life when we die.
What is your fate?
Where will you spend your eternity?
Worth thinking on today.

God on you....

mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...