Friday, November 30, 2012

The Red Hot Chili Peppers Had It Right


Be a hoarder.....
Be Tight.....
Be stingy.....

Be selfish......
It really is all about you and your needs....
"I'm not selfish...I'm just looking out for number #1".

A life outside of Jesus is one of utter selfishness.
Evidenced by the number one character defect that all people in addiction possess...."It's all about me!"


The one thing I have come to see is that when we have been saved, our outlook on life changes. We become more "outward" focused, intent on helping others.
I see so many men and women who have become vessels of God's goodness as they reach out to those who haven't heard or experienced the good news of the gospel.
Starting recovery meetings.....
Opening up their home for someone to who doesn't have a place to stay can get back on their feet.
Buying food and clothing for people.

Paul the apostle, in II Corinthians 9, refers to this as sowing or planting seeds. If I plant a seed, I have expectations as to what will happen. If I plant watermelon seeds, I don't look for cucumbers to shoot up...I  know that I will receive back a number of melons from that one seed. It's the same with this "STEP #12-giving back" attitude and behavior. We plant the seeds of Jesus into the hearts of those who are still stuck in addiction. They want to believer...but you remember how it was....There was a voice that kept telling you over and over..."You Ain't Never Going To Change..This Jesus Stuff Is A Lie!" So this message that we carry to others, coupled with our generous actions will be covered and attended to by God's Holy Spirit. He will bring this person to a place where a decision will be made. A decision to either accept this new life and move on in the healing God affords...or stay in the darkness and grow colder and harder to the truth.

I guess the one thing I saw this morning is that I am to sow abundantly. I am to be an over giving, over flowing, over loving seed planter. I do not want to dole out my Jesus seeds one at a time. I want to fling handfuls out in every direction. I want to see a harvest of souls when it's time to reap.

I guess the Red Hot Chili Peppers had it right in their song when they said..."Give it away, Give it away, Give it away!!!"
Think on this....

God on you...
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...