Saturday, February 9, 2013

C.R. @ The Gathering




Got to take part in something that was out of the normal for me.
We took the worship team from Rapha and lead worship for Celebrate Recovery @ the Gathering, downtown Gadsden last night.

Wasn't sure how our flavor of worship would translate on the road, different surroundings and people....but it did.
God was gracious and came to that room in a big way. Folk's joined in and pretty soon, once the songs were recognized.....they worshipped.
If you looking for a place to connect, then you might want to drop by and check out The Gathering. They are located in the building that First Presbyterian use to meet in, right across Chestnut Street from First Methodist (that's a lot of "First")

I taught from John 10:10. Jesus' description of who the devil really is. Jesus doesn't mince any words and refers to him as "The Thief". Went on to share how the devil pillages our lives and souls to stop the promises of God from being realized by us in our life. The Thief has come to steal....to kill.......and destroy. The word seemed to strike the hearts of some in the room.
The Kingdom of God got some new citizens last night.
Bottom line that is what all of this is about. Worship God....Tell the Story...People saved....disciples made....let them tell the story to others.
Saw James Crain there....what a dynamo....a walking testimony to the Power of God and 12 steps. He makes me smile every time I see him.

Mark Alexander....what a story. I think that visor is glued to his head. I don't remember a time when that visor wasn't a part of his fashion statement. What is important is the statement made by his life, since God got a hold of him. Changed times 10 is the only way to put it. You go, God!

Laura King...Always a smile and an encouraging word. She is on Staff at New Life Treatment Center and is responsible for getting the women to the meeting every Friday night.

Phillip Ellen....Does the guy ever stop? I hope I have half as much energy and love for Jesus as he does when I get his age.

The meeting over, I drove down Forrest Avenue toward home. Thoughts rolling around in my head. Tired but very satisfied and grateful that God had showed out in that meeting. As I pulled into my driveway, I turned off the engine and sat there for a few minutes. "Thank you, Father," was all I could say. Over and over and over......"Thank you."
It was a good night.

God on you....
mb

1 comment:

Bobby said...

I wish I had been there!

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...