Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Rejoice- Everything Is In His Hands

Really good day yesterday...
For the past 9 years, my days have been very structured.

A schedule of where to be, at what time and what I need to do when I get there.
Classes in the morning....
Counseling after lunch...

But yesterday I made my way to Gadsden Vineyard Church to spend the day in prayer study and preparation for this Saturday nights service.
It was awkward at first. My mind wandered around the room (or rather I should say my focus). Once again memories flooded my thoughts. Memories of people and the presence of God as He came into their lives.

As I studied, I found myself at an old familiar place in my Bible.
Psalm 107....
To me this is the perfect chapter to describe fa life that has been ravaged by addiction/sin.

But it is the opening lines of the chapter that I parked myself at.

O Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good. For His mercy and loving Kindness endure forever!
We read such things and we whole heatedly agree with the writer.
God is worthy to be praised.
We should give thanks to God.

Yes! He is good.
But when you move this verse from being a thought or part of your mental process and you allow it to be truth in your heart. That changes everything.
When you are suddenly aware of the simple fact that you should have been dead, but here you are, free from addiction and living a life you only use to dream of....
You understand, with everything that is within you, that God is the one responsible for what has happened to you.....How could you not declare His goodness and faithfulness.

One thing I discovered about the devil, he wants to keep your thoughts focused on all the negative stuff in you and around you.
Keep you focused on what you don't have....
Keep you focused on any pain you might be experiencing.

Keep you focused on every little perceived slight or comment made by others.
If he can keep you mentally and spiritually in such a place, then you aren't going to turn your attention to God.


There isn't much in this old world that is going to last forever.
It is so funny when I think back to my 30's and 40's..... The event's that were happening to Vicki and me. I thought it would be that way for the rest of my life.
But things change...
People change....

I never saw myself leaving Rapha. "Never in a million years....the only way I'd leave Rapha was if I drew my last breath, or Jesus came back." I have made that statement more times than I care to count. Yet, here I am. New place..new day...new direction...
Everything changes....except one.
God.

Notice that in the verse from Psalm 107, it says that God's mercy and loving kindness endure....
It doesn't say that they simply "last" forever, but they will endure.
That means no matter what you might go through in your life...the mercy and loving kindness will be there as God walks with you.
Nations rise and nations fall.....
Governments rule and governments dissolve and fade away....

but the mercy of the LORD is forever. It overcomes all!
With such a thought, I can face today knowing that my God is in control.
With such a thought, I can face whatever happens with the confidence that God will see me through.
Everything is in His hands.....

Now isn't that worth getting a little excited?
I think so.

Enjoy the video and let the words soak into your heart....

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...