Wednesday, May 8, 2013

How About A Little "SO LOVE" This Morning

John 3:16
...For God so loved the world....

Me?
I'm a part of that continuing process of people being born and then dying.Sometimes referred to as humanity...the family of man...etc...
I'm a part of this thing called the world....sometimes referred to as society...community...nations and countries.

...For God so loved the world...

I didn't always love God....
Time was, I never gave God any thought...

Yet all the while of living in this manner, deep inside, I knew something wasn't right.
So I pushed against this loving God....
I cursed His name...
I lived steeped in my own appetite and desires...no room for God here.

Yet through all my running away, all my rejection....
One truth never changed....
....For God so loved the world....

His love kept on being poured out over me...but I wanted no part.
His love was abundant and freely given....but I didn't care for it...
His love was pure and not tainted by the things and ideas of this world...Which only made me not trust Him or it (His love) on any level.
But I could never escape those words...no matter how hard I tried...No matter how hard I tried to couch it and cover it in religious terminology....I could never dismantle or destroy the truth of....
....For God so loved the world....

It might have been different had God only had these divine feelings toward His creation....but God was not content to simply have affection and love. God is a demonstrating God. God is one who takes His very character and manifests it in the most unusual ways. In other words...God put feet to the emotion and choice He had made to love the world.  Love means nothing unless it is demonstrated to the object of desire. In this case...humanity and this planet..
Every human ever born falls under the category of being loved by God.

Not something we truly want to hear, is it?
But the truth is.....
....For God so loved the world that He gave (He sent) His only begotten Son, Jesus........

This morning, even now as you are reading this posting...
God loves you.
He loves you just the way you are...with all your emotional scabs and warts. With all your mental blemishes and scars....with all your dark secrets and hidden sin...He loves you just the way you are, right now...right here.
But that love that God possesses burn so bright and hot that His heart is to not leave you in this manner, but to offer to you the opportunity to be changed.
Changed in ways you never considered possible.
I know.
I am going through the process right now. I know how my heart use to be..cold and hard and not very caring. I remember what a stinker I was...selfish and self centered. Yet God...flaming with His love...touched me and burned away all the stuff that separated me from having a relationship with Him. 


So here is some hard core truth for you this morning:
1.) It doesn't matter how much drugs you have used. It doesn't matter how much Crystal Meth you have smoked, shot or snorted...It doesn't matter if you ate Oxy's like skittles...
It doesn't matter if you have drank yourself into unconsciousness...God loves you and stands ready to change you if you will let Him.


2.) Nothing in the past matters...God is ready to help you deal with what was, so you can live in the "what is" moment. God is into big time forgiveness and right-now living. God isn't going to make you jump through hoops to receive the forgiveness and healing that will bring about this change of heart and life. 

3.) The only person who God cannot change is the one who rejects God and His work. Simple as that. Even then, God continues to woo and draw them unto Himself. 

The greatest truth ever written is very simple:
Jesus loves me...
This I know...
For the Bible tells me so....


Maybe you just needed to be reminded of the Love of God this morning.

Maybe life has become very hard and hectic and somewhere along the way, you lost sight of the truth of God's love.
Whatever the reason...
Know today that the love of God is over you.


See you Saturday Night/ Vineyard Recovery / 7 p.m.
Nori / Barbie Kelley and WIND in concert and in worship..

God on you....

mb


No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...