Friday, July 5, 2013

Awaken My Soul



Psalm 103:1-5
Bless the Lord, O my soul and all that is within me. Bless His holy name! Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits. Who forgives all your iniquities. Who heals all your diseases. Who redeems your life from destruction. Who crowns you with loving kindness and tender mercies. Who satisfies your mouth with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagles.

All of Psalm 103 has been poured out into me. Not a bragging statement on my part, but a simple fact of the Kingdom of God. Why me? I don't know...maybe it's all part of that mysterious ways of the Lord. I just know that it is as real as this chair I am sitting in this morning.

There is a thing that rises up within me that makes me want to verbally bless the Lord. The person of God, not the gifts of God. There is a bubbling up in me when I let my thoughts rest on the history of God in my life. How He has remained faithful even when I didn't. When I would take those side journeys away from His grace to chase after the wind. To be drawn by my own lust and pride to forsake Him, even then He did not desert me or forsake me. Now let's get real here....there were consequences for my sin and my choices and some of those consequences still follow me today, but I have been forgiven. That I know.

At this point in my life, I am have been blessed beyond measure. More than that, I have a fire in me to chase this Jesus. To not be swayed by the baubles and beads of this world that seek to entice me. I have a hunger for His word and for His presence. He has taken my love of music and shaped it and formed it into the heart of a worshiper. The greatest gift I ever received from being a part of the Vineyard Church was being taught how to worship and what it really means.
I have written this before, but the times I hear God clearest is when I am in worship to Him. His voice (that voice inside me) is not cluttered by the thoughts of this world. 


Below is a video of a Vineyard Worship Song---Fall On Me- I use the term video loosely because there are no images attached. Just the sound.......Don't listen to it with your ears...but with your heart. Let the words move deep inside, and while you are listening, ask God to stir you. Those deep places that you have refused to go to in your heart, ask God to bring up all things He wants to heal you from. Let the song be the cry of your heart....fall on me, Lord Jesus. Awaken me from this religious sleep that I have lived in far to long. Awaken and me and remind me of the times you have been surrounded me and kept me. Awaken me so that I may rise up from the ashes of my day and celebrate Your goodness and greatness. Awaken me! 






God on you 
mb

Come Join Us Tomorrow Night / 7 p.m. for Vineyard Recovery Fellowship

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...