Monday, October 14, 2013

Jesus And The Kids



What an incredible thoughts.....
To simply be in the presence of Jesus because that is all your heart desires.

No prayers for anything other than Him.
No intercession for events or others....just a desire to be with Him.
Sometimes I need this.
Just to sit and be quiet in His presence.
I won't read my Bible....
I won't pray any prayers at all, other than "come Lord Jesus".

To simply rest in Him and listen for His voice.
Funny how my thoughts change when I do this.
I find myself slowing down in thought. My mind doesn't race with a million different things. I loose my anxiousness and I find myself almost to the point of drifting off to sleep.


I remember being with my family on a trip to some location, and we'd be driving back at night. It would be late and I would curl up in the back seat to sleep. We would eventually reach home and my dad would take me up in his arms, carry me into the house and put me to bed. Sometimes I would wake up during this process, knowing that my father had me, and I would feel safe and loved. It is no different with Jesus. Resting in His presence, feeling His love for me, and being aware of my love for Him. 

He called us to be like little children. To believe Him with a faith that is pure and not tainted by the world. To take Him at this word and stand upon His promises.
In the verse from Mark 10, the people brought their children to Jesus for no other reason than to have him touch them and pray over them. I think (here again this is conjecture on my part) that Jesus truly loved these moments when he got to interact with children. Their honesty and loving hearts were open to receive from Him. The tone of His voice brought peace to their little hearts. They knew that He could be trusted and would do nothing to harm them. Jesus looking down into those little eyes, all wide with amazement that He had taken the time to be with them. Truth be known, there was probably a lot of laughter during this prayer time with the children. And for that brief moment in their lives.....nothing else mattered except Him and the words He was speaking over them. They became the most important thing, as Jesus spoke to the adults about the need to be like children if they wanted to enter the Kingdom of heaven. How could you not want to be blessed by Him? I know I do. so, yes! I want to grow up before I grow older. And yes! I want to be childlike in my relationship with Jesus. To simply be with Him because that is all I want.........to be with Him.


God on you.....

mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...