Thursday, October 24, 2013

Really? You Expect Me To Believe That?



Luke 24:11
And their words seemed to them like idle tales, and they did not believe them.

The women had returned from the tomb where Jesus had been laid.
Out of breath and everyone jabbering like magpies, they had tried to tell the others what they had found. But it was to far fetched to seem true. Truth was..............the women were not lying. Jesus had indeed risen from the dead. Whether the men believed it or not did not negate the truth. The truth stood in stark contrast to any argument that could have been delivered to counter it. Truth has a way of operating in this manner. It is not taken down by any conflict of interest or argument thrown out as a roadblock by those who don't believe. Now,  couple this idea with the knowledge wrap around the Truth of God.


I can speak truth to those still under the bondage of addiction and you can see it in their eyes.
"Fairy tales!"
"Yeah, right!"
"Who are you kidding!"
And on and on the litany of excuses surfaces with each statement of truth. 
Yet my Bible says, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved".
Now that is a statement of truth.
Believe----rely on----cling to----lash yourself to this individual we call Jesus---and throw down all your arguments. You will be saved.
You will be counted among those who are living, breathing and prospering in this life we have been given. Prospering as your soul prospers. You know there are riches that go beyond dollars and cents. Now if God deems that you make a lot of money, more power to you. But don't use this whole "getting saved" idea to think you are going to launch out to "moola" island and live the rest of your life soaking up rays and eating cheese. Like I said, there is more to life than money and stuff. 

We have listened to the inner voice that plays out in our minds for so long, that we have bought into a lie. We need to listen to the heart voice that pulls us whenever we hear anything to do with Jesus or the gospel (come to think of it, the two are inseparable aren't they?) and when we feel or are aware of that heart tug, respond by saying, "Yes Lord...I give myself to receive whatever you want to do in me. That is called surrender. For once in your life, don't listen to the argument that comes to your mind and spirit whenever you are conflicted about what to do. Simply surrender and then wait for the real deal Jesus to speak to your spirit. Then do it! 

I don't know about you, but if I don't listen with my heart, my first response to anything I'm told is to reject it as not being the truth. That is not a healthy or smart way to live. So the more I walk daily with Jesus........the more I practice listening for His voice (inside me)......the more I study His word.............The easier it is for me to get out of the way and simply let Him work in my life.
Sure does make things more bearable and simpler.

If you're free this Saturday night, come out to Vineyard Recovery Church. Jason Knight will be sharing the story of his journey. It's always neat to hear others and how they found the way out of darkness. VRC starts at 7 p.m........everyone welcome.

God on you....

mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...