Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Safety Glasses In The Driveway Part II

Lot's of thoughts and ramblings in my head after posting this morning.
That's the way God speaks to me sometimes.
Things begin to form as I pray and ask God, "What are you trying to say through this whole Safety Glass episode?"

Well, the first thing I noticed about the glasses, was that the lens were gone. So basically what you have is a pair of frames.
As I was praying, God showed me that the lens represented a man made vision. Trying to see spiritual things using my natural understanding. Proverbs 3:5-6 tells us to trust God (see God) with all our heart and lean not (or rely on) our own understanding. Now the Proverbs verse isn't suggesting that we all check out noodle's and noggins at the front door, but rather let our heart, the spirit part of us that the Holy Spirit communicates with, be the "eyes" that we use to see God.

So if there isn't any lens in the glasses, then what do you have?
Frames.
Frames.....a structure.....that covers our head....(our mind?) God creates the structure through which we can see and understand Him, His Kingdom and the plans He has for our life.
Romans 12:2 tells us to not be conformed to the patterns of this world, but be what? TRANSFORMED by the, wait for it.......Renewing of our minds.

Maybe I reading to much into the whole safety glasses thing, but I don't really believe I am.
To me, God gives us the little glimpses through His show and tell antics.
I am grateful today....

God on you...
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...