Sunday, March 23, 2014

"If You Say Go, I Will Go"




Matthew 14:29
So He (Jesus) said, "Come." And when Peter had come down out of the boat, he walked on the water to go to Jesus.

Oh what must Peter have thought as he climbed over the side of that boat. What thoughts must have raced through his mind, matching his racing heart as he headed toward a place that he could not wrap his brain around.

Storm is raging...
Wind is howling....
Waves are rising and falling all around Peter...
Yet in the midst of the storm, the safest place Peter could be was in a place he was incapable of going to in his own strength.

There among all the tumult and danger...
There among the waves....
Stood Jesus.

Calling Peter to come to Him.
Calling Peter to get out of what Peter considered to be a safe place and walk out on the water....walk out and come to Him.


Such is the call of Christ even today.
To leave our place of comfort.
To walk out into that place where the storms of life are raging all around us, and come to Him.

To live by faith.
To answer His call.
A simple call.

"Come!"

"IF YOU SAY GO" was one of the songs we sang last night at Vineyard Recovery Church.
The simple call of Christ to follow Him.
"Where?" we ask...

"To the storm," He replies."For if you are with Me, I will keep you and see you all the way through."
As we sang the song, an invitation was given to come forward and simply declare, "If You say go....I will go. IF you say wait, I will wait." In other words, we place ourselves in the hands of Jesus and simply follow.

There is incredible peace in the simple obedience of following Christ.
Oh, there are times of great confusion and fear..but those aren't from Him. They are cast upon us by our enemy, the devil, in an effort to side track us from obeying.

John 10:4
And when He brings His own sheep, He goes before them and the sheep follow Him, for they know His voice."
There have been times in my own past where I knew His voice.
I recognized it...
But chose to ignore it because I was afraid of what He might ask me to do. Now I know that His call to Go is an invitation of love to join Him in the greatest adventure you could ever hope to experience.

God on you.....

mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...