Sunday, March 16, 2014

Rainy Day Thoughts


Mark 12:27
He is not the God of the dead...........but of the living.........

Life?
Life is more than the ability to breath. To have a heartbeat. To be aware.
Life is the God given ability to process what goes on around you.
As you process everything, your emotions come into play. Each situation....every event....each encounter you have daily, stirs your emotions and defines what life means to you.
Life has ups and downs...
Life has highs and lows....

Life is a mystery.

This morning, as I sit here at this computer, life is peaceful.
The sound of the rain flowing down the gutters of the house beats a steady rhythm...and I smile. Rainy days, especially Sunday's are a present to Vicki and I. Always have been. To settle in with a cup of coffee and some music as the rain comes down....that is a good part of life.

Thoughts from last nights Vineyard Recovery remind me how gracious our God is. Once again I smile. Young man named Brian wanted to share what God had done for him. To say he was nervous would be an understatement. The proverbial knees knocking and trembling voice....but the words were from the heart. Life was filled with joy and gratitude last night as I stood there beside Brian listening to his "coming home" story. 

Life also has sadness and tears this morning. A friend that I grew up with died on Thursday His funeral is today. He was 4 years older than me, and growing up, he was someone I looked up to. But seeing his name in the paper flooded me with memories......mostly good ones. Funny though. I haven't seen him in over 30 years...so it wasn't like we stayed in touch, but the connection that life gave us back when....brought the grief. His mom and dad died years ago, so his brothers will bury him. I'm grateful for memories. I think they are an incredible gift from God to help us not lose hope. 

I get to play on the worship team at Gadsden Vineyard this morning. Now that really brings joy to me. Debbie will lead and I will join Barry and Wayne, as we bring a little VRC worship to the morning service. 

You truly are the God of the living, Father. And living means overcoming. Living means persevering and not giving up. Life is filled with good and bad, yet through it all, You are the one constant that I hold fast to. You are the hand in the darkness that grips mine and leads me forward. Even when I'm scared to move, You're not. 

So this morning, Lord........
Thank you for rain.
Thank you for Gadsden Vineyard and their love for worship.
Thank you for old friends that we will meet again at some point.
Thank you for the chicken and dressing, along with the pumpkin pie that will be waiting on me when I get home.
Thank you for the love of a wonderful woman and the family that You gave us.
Above it all....
Thank you for Jesus


God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...