Sunday, March 2, 2014

Stopping On A Sunday


Another week in the books.
They seem to be rolling by with great frequency, don't they?

Turn around and we'll be putting up the Christmas tree again.
Last night's Vineyard Recovery meeting was a keeper.

Many thanks to everyone who makes it possible. I truly am surrounded by some incredible people who love Jesus and those who come through the front doors every Saturday night. Isn't that what the church is suppose to do...
love people? Not just talk about loving folks, but actually making contact...looking them in the eyes...and letting them know they are loved. Not necessarily by telling them, but by living it out in front of them. 

This Jesus, if you let Him, will get up all in your business. He will invade your heart and change the way you feel and see life around you. He will get inside your head, and you'll find your thoughts are constantly on Him. He will get inside your whole being ( after all He is the creator and I am the creation) and will direct your movements and the choices you have to make to day. That Jesus is something else.

Of all the things that have happened to me since I was saved, the greatest is falling in love with Him. I am consumed by Him I think about Him all the time. I love to read and study His book. I am constantly talking to Him. I guess religious folks would call that "praying". To me, I'm just conversating with my Savior. If you catch me driving sometimes, you'll see me talking with Jesus. Some folks probably think I'm rocking out to classic rock songs in my truck by the way I am animated. I'm just worshiping and talking to Jesus. Of course this time of talking is always followed by a time of listening. You know, a lot of folks have the talking part down pat.......it's the listening part they seem to neglect. It's like having someone on your telephone, you're just jabbering away....on and on and on...then all of a sudden you shout out the proverbial "Amen!", and then hang up without ever giving the one you called an opportunity to talk. Give God some airtime to respond to what you said. Tends to work out a might better when we learn to listen.

Today will be a day of rest.
A day to be with my wife and catch up on the week...

A day to share a good meal together.
A day to look into her eyes and ask myself, "God, what did I do to deserve such a fine woman." Of course, if you ask her, she'll say the same thing about me. Almost forty-three years of traveling the same road together. Many up's and down's...mostly up's. But through it all, I can say that she is the finest, most godly woman I know. It has truly been a pleasure to be her husband and the father of our children. 
We will nap this afternoon. And that blissful time will be followed with a huge pot of coffee. A lot of reading and maybe a TV show or two. Ever so often we will stop what we are doing, our eyes will meet and we will have the most incredible conversation but there will be no words spoken.
Life is good....


God on you...
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...