Thursday, September 4, 2014

Seeing With Your Eyes? Or With Your Heart? Choice Is Yours


4:40 A.m.....
Sitting here in my home. Staring at the monitor screen as my computer hums the same note over and over. Coffee is perking in the kitchen and my wife is asleep at the end of the hall in our bedroom.
Nothing....
There's nothing witty or deep flowing from my brain this morning. "C'mon Michael---You're suppose to come up with something clever for today's posting." That would be my inner voice talking to me. What's the reality? That all I ever want to do is simply post something that would encourage others today. Encourage them to not give up even though their circumstances might seem overwhelming. To not quit or turn and run back to old ways and old habits, which stem from old belief's. I would want people to remember exactly who Jesus it, and the seemingly outlandish promises He has made. Sometimes they do seem outlandish when I look at them with my eyes instead of my heart. When I allow the world to define what His promises mean rather than letting my Spirit speak the truth to me.

John 10:10 contains one of His promises.
"The thief (Devil) is only there to steal and kill and destroy. I came so they can have real and eternal life, more and better life than they ever dreamed of."
You see, my eyes tell me that what Jesus is really saying, is that if I would make the choice to accept His gift of salvation and then follow Him, I would never have any more troubles or problems here on this side of heaven. The NKJV calls it the "Abundant" Life. Here again, my eyes tell me that it's all about the "Stuff" we can get if we follow Jesus. New houses...or at least better ones than we currently live in. New cars, money and all the trappings of wealth. That's what I hear if I listen with my brain and not my heart. SO does this mean that Jesus is a liar, or that He it tricking people? No.

If I read that same verse with my heart and spirit, I see where Jesus is actually promising me that He will be there with me no matter what life throws at me. The abundant life is a life filled with His presence. A life soaked and saturated in His word. His word is a rock of stability in a world turned upside down, where good is bad, and bad is celebrated and awarded. He is the abundance that is given freely. HE is the one who can take me through anything life has to throw at me. Illness, disease, poverty, you name it. Jesus gets up all in the situation and, from the abundance of heaven, does one of two things. He will either take you through what you are facing, or He will deliver you out of it. Either way, He really is the one calling the shots. I have learned to trust Him and let Him call the shots. He seems to be better at it than I am.


Matthew 5:48
"In a word, what I'm saying is, GROW UP! You're kingdom subjects. Now live like it. Live out your God-created identity. Live generously and graciously toward others, the way God lives toward you."

Matthew 6:34
Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what my or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the times comes.

Matthew 7:24
"These words I speak to you are not incidental additions to your life, homeowner improvements to your standard of living. They are foundational words to build a life on. 

God on you...
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...