Friday, September 26, 2014

Jesus----The Real Deal



Jesus?
Really?
Am I suppose to believe that whoever painted this picture really wants us to believe that Jesus looked like this.

O.k. before you go off on me for being "art-fully challenged"...don't
This Jesus looks more like he'd fit into a "boy band" than the Messiah.
I guess since the beginning of time, people have tried to make Jesus relevant to society, so people would embrace Him and the gospel. The only problem with that, is that you can't. Jesus loves people.........not society. Jesus loves people......not a culture. I think within us all is a desire to frame Jesus in a way that we can understand Him. But sometimes the framing goes off the scale a bit.

Truth be known.......

One comes to an understanding of Jesus through the heart, not the eyes.
We come to know Him through relationship.......a living, breathing, changing, organic relationship that changes as we change. What does that mean? The Jesus I know today, at the age of 62...is way different than the Jesus I knew when I was 18. Jesus changes? No, I do. My life experiences all combine (hopefully) to give me a perspective of Jesus that stretches over my time here on planet earth. More than intellect....more than religion is my understanding of Him and how He operates. Yet, in all of this, He stands above my ability to understand. He stands in a place where only faith can reach Him. So as I have traveled this path, I have found that exercising ones faith increases ones ability to see this Jesus.


Terminal brain tumor is healed after praying for someone.
How do you explain that? I can't, but I saw it happen. I got the story about how the doctors all went banana's because on one x-ray there was the tumor, but the next week when new x-ray's were taken....no tumor.

Tear ducts that wouldn't produce tears, suddenly began to flow after prayer.
I can't explain it other than........wait for it..........Jesus.


How do you explain that for the last 17 years, at the end of the year when we run the spread sheet for our household budget....
What we have paid out is always more than what we took in.....
To us it is very simple.....if Jesus can multiply fish and bread......he can do the same with money. After all, He Himself said, "Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things will be added unto you." If you check out the context of the chapter...."All these things" refers to our basic needs. 

I don't have the time or space to write about all the things I have seen Jesus do to those in addiction.
Lives that seemed beyond hope, restored and set right.

People that had been cast aside and no one wanted anything to do with them are now leading recovery groups. 
Brains that suffered from short term memory loss, prayed for and suddenly the memories came flooding back, almost to the point of sensory overload.
I have witnessed first hand the power of God in my own life and in the life of others.

It is because of this Jesus that we have Vineyard Recovery Church.
We make no excuses...those of us who gather on Saturday's are a different breed of believer. We fully realize that we were dead...trapped, with no hope.
And because of God's love, He reached down and drew us out, cleaned us up..and called us son's and daughter's of the most high. Our desire is to look like, talk like, and act like our elder brother, Jesus.
Could a body desire anymore than that?
I think not.


God on you...
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...