Wednesday, October 22, 2014

I Would Like To Thank Everyone

Feeling mellow today.....
Lot of reflection this morning.
Taking stock of where I have come from, where I am today, and where God might be leading me tomorrow.
Some good...
Some bad....
All part of the journey.
Also found myself stuck at Colossians 3:15
And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which you were called in one body,
And be thankful.
So that is what I want to do this morning.
Give thanks.


Thank you Vicki, for taking this ride with me. 43 years and you're still the only woman who can make my heart skip a beat when I look at you.

Thank you Chad and Josh, for becoming the men that you are. I see a lot of my own Father in each of you. Yet, at the same time, I see the mark that you have each made for yourselves.

Thank you Robin and Heather, for bringing a fresh view to our family. For the love you've shown to me and Vicki, and to our sons. If ever there were two godly women in this world, I see this in you.

Thank you Tyler and Ashley, for the joy and laughter you have both added to our family.
You have made me young again and for that I am grateful.

Thank you Debbie Handy, for giving me a place to learn how to lead worship. And for being my partner over the past 23 years. That's a lot of music. 

Thank you Mom and Dad for buying me my first guitar. What a beaut! Metal-flake orange Norma Electric. Move over Duane Eddy--there's a new Marshall in town.

Thank you Jim Bentley, for giving me a place at Gadsden Vineyard. For calling me on that Sunday morning back in May of '97 asking me....."Have you ever considered being ordained?"

Thank you Core Group of Vineyard Recovery. Your eagerness to serve and love those who come on Saturday night is incredible. Jason and Angela, Barry and Deb, Wayne, Debbie, Jeremiah, Carrie, Blake, Marie. Thank you for catching the vision.

Thank you Steve and Marilyn Yarbrough, for giving me a place at Rapha. If I'd known I was going to stay this long I would have dressed differently.

Thank you George Creel, for opening up the Bible for me. For introducing me to the work of the Holy Spirit. You made the Word come alive and it burned in my heart. A flame that has only grown hotter and more intense.

Thank all of you who were on staff at Campus Crusade for Christ in 1968. Lanier and Karen, Ruth Ann, Dwilene, John And Marilyn. You gave a young boy who was full of insecurity the keys to a future. You told me that I could play in God's kingdom and then turned me loose to do it.

Thank you Nori Kelley, Brook Finlayson, Kenny Young, Kim Jenkins, and once again--Debbiel Handy, for allowing me to be a part of the band. 

Thank you David Finlayson for allowing me to become a DREAMER with you back in 1983.

And last, but certainly not least....
Thank you Jesus...
For saving me and working me all these years. Today I feel like George Bailey. I am the richest man in Bedford Falls.

Y'all have a great day....

God on you...
mb

1 comment:

David Finlayson said...

Thank you Michael. I miss playing with you, hanging with you.

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...