Saturday, October 25, 2014

It Will Be A Good Day



Saturday....
Well into my second cup of coffee.
Feeling grateful.

Aches and pains from the mileage, but the years have been kind to me.
Sometimes in the quietness of my home I feel God's blessings.
Sitting in my chair, letting my thoughts roam too and fro, I find myself smiling, thinking back of all the good times God has given to me.


Good friends....
Good music....

Much laughter....
The love of a godly woman who has made for us a home.
The connection between two hearts, now one, committed to seeing this journey all the way to the end......
And beyond.
The two become four..
Four becomes six..
Then another generation adds two to our ranks.
Physical, tangible evidence of God's blessings.

I apologize for the advertising at the beginning of the video I have posted,but the song is, and has been, important to me.
Forever Young....

The body ages....
The spirit doesn't...
The body breaks down...
The spirit doesn't...
I look in the mirror and wonder who is that old man that stares back at me.
I kind of like the face...
Lines and wrinkles....
Hair, no longer a part of my head, has now migrated to my ears and nose. What's up with that?
Beard has moved into shades of winter and snow.
But the heart.....

The very center of who I am is still young and strong.
Forever Young........

God on you...
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...