Wednesday, February 25, 2015

A Place Of Mercy




Isaiah 55:1-2
Ho! Everyone who thirsts, Come to the waters; And you who have no money, come, buy and eat. Yes, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price. Why do you spend money for what is not bread, and your wages for what does not satisfy? Listen carefully to Me, and eat what is good and let your soul delight itself in abundance.

If ever there was a song that described what Vineyard ReCovery Church was all about, it is the one Marie Barnett sings in the video above:  Find Mercy Here.
Mercy is God giving me something I don't deserve. God giving me breath, in spite of the fact that the breath He has given me was the same breath I cursed His name with.
Mercy is God giving me life, when I took that life and rejected Him only to turn and live in darkness, for the darkness. Mercy is God giving me love, yet I took that pure love and allowed it to be twisted and turned into lust. 

But Mercy is also God keeping something from me that I do deserve. Because of the Lord's great love, He has offered to me His forgiveness. He has made plain the way of salvation that leads me to life, real life, in Him. A life of abundance that transcends material possessions. A life that is eternal. One that cannot be touched or harmed by the devil and his kingdom. God did that for me......and has done it for you.

I pray that you find the mercy of God today.
It isn't found in a program....
It wasn't born in the Steps....
It can't be bought by good deeds and religious attitudes....
Such comes only one way...
To be broken before Him.
To truly be in touch with the truth that He is God and we are not.
That everything He is...I am not.

May you find His mercy today....

God on you...
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...