Saturday, October 17, 2015

Pick One


Deuteronomy 30:19
"I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life.....and death....blessing.....and cursing, therefore choose LIFE! That both you and your descendants may live."

There is a level to life that is more than breathing.
There is a level to life that is more than walking around, taking up space here on this planet.
There is a place, in life, that God desires each of us to move to.
A place that only He could provide, and it's available to any who would come to Him and say, "I want that place".

In this "life" place, you will find out your real purpose for being here....for being born.
You will discover that there is a sense of peace and serenity that will appear when you move under God's direction.
Oh, it's not utopia or the perfect place where everyday is sunshine and lollipops...unicorns and hopscotch.

It involves awakening to the simple fact that God desires to raise you out of the abyss of the choices we have made that have almost destroyed us. Funny how this choice thing works isn't it?

That God would grant to us, his fallen creation, the power to choose. Some say that we really don't have that power, that God is simply manipulating us into His plans. I don't think that will fly. If that would be the case, then why not just make us all like automaton's. Why not simply keep us from choosing bad. To me, God allowing me to choose is the greatest form of love there could be. Does He approve when I choose badly? I don't think so.
But He is always there, beckoning me to return to His care when I do. If I don't return, then we're all up in the downside of sin.


Sin gives us the illusion that we are in control.
Sin gives us the illusion that we are free to live our lives any way we want to. While this is true...the living our lives the way we want to...Sin never reveals the end result of such choices. The eternal separation from God. I know that it may not sound bad....after all if we haven't chosen God, then our whole life has been a separation. One difference though...here on this side of eternity, there exists the possibility that we would come to our senses and choose rightly. Once we die....once we cross over, then our choices are sealed and will never change. There will be, according to scripture, wailing and weeping and the gnashing of teeth. It will be the ultimate "beat yourself for your choices". And it will last beyond our comprehension of time and space.


Isn't it incredible that God would give us life in Him? That He would place before us, just like the passage in Deuteronomy says..."Life and blessing"? And such a gift would not be based on anyone's intellect or ability. It would not be with held from those who didn't have enough money. Or lived in a specific part of town. It would be for every human who draws breath. Real life..and the on going favor of God poured out on those who choose life in Him.


There's no other way to say it...
That dog will hunt!

I think maybe on this day, here at 4:34 a.m.....
I choose His Life...
And I choose His blessing.


God on you...
michael b.

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...