Thursday, January 28, 2016

Power In The Name...Power In The Person....Power In The Blood




Acts 4:10-12
Let it be known to you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead, by Him this man stands here before you whole. 
This is the stone which was rejected by you builders, which has become the chief cornerstone. Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.

We think of names as being an identification of an individual. We see the face, we link a name to it. We see a person walking toward us that we have met, and we automatically index the name as a way of referencing that individual.

But what if there was more to names than we think or give credit?
What if we have lost something, through time, that was to be connected to names.

What if it were truly about the character of the individual.
What if that were the case? The name of Jesus would reveal the One who has power and authority to speak into our very existence and, by our change of heart, change the course of our life? That when the reality of who it really is we are dealing with hits home, and we understand that He loves us with a divine love, we then have an inkling of the power of the name of Jesus.


Being changed into a new creations is why I celebrate the name of Jesus....
Being the possessor of a new mind that has been transformed by the work of God's Holy Spirit is why I celebrate the name of Jesus.

I know myself better than anyone else.
I know that without Christ in my life, I would deny Him at every turn.
I would venture into the darkness and never come back.

But He didn't let me....and it is from my heart of gratitude that I lay hold of Him, for having laid hold of me.
So today...I say "Jesus!!!"
What about you?

Why say this?
Because there is POWER in the name of Jesus....
There is LIFE in the name of Jesus....

There is FREEDOM in the name of Jesus......

God on you...
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...