Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Prayer Requests



Psalm 5:3
Listen to my voice in the morning, Lord. Each morning I bring my requests to you and wait expectantly.

Today marked my 5th Bible study at Rapha. Good group that seems eager to move on with their life. Time will tell, won't it? But for now, they are at least checked in and asking some really good questions about life, recovery, and relationship with Jesus.

One of the things that I wanted to start back up was taking prayer requests from the guys and staff there at Rapha. To let them know that there are people who will prayer for them. So I guess what I'm asking you is to become someone who will truly lift up prayers on their behalf. So let's get the business of prayer!


1.) This person desires to become more discerning when it comes to following God. They ask for continued guidance in their daily life....Opportunity to live it out....and the realization to make the most of this opportunity. In the past they have started recovery and relationship with a lot of passion and fire, but soon found themselves fizzling out and drifting back into old ways and old thoughts.

2.) This individual struggles in knowing the difference  between God's voice and the devil's influence. We talked about the verses from John 10 about the sheep recognizing the Shepherds voice and will only follow His call. The more this person digested the word...the more he might pray....the more he will hear God and in turn, recognize Him, not falling prey to the false voice of the enemy.

3.) We had two individuals who simply wanted to keep their sobriety today. That they might have wisdom and strength to do the things that are required of them. Both of these men have a long history of addiction and are at the point now they are willing to do whatever it takes to move forward.

4.) Two others are starting their fourth steps which is taking a fearless and searching moral inventory of themselves. Very hard and very painful to do sometimes, but very necessary to move forward in this new life they desire.

5.) Prayer for a mother who is currently cancer free, but facing having some reconstructive surgery done. Strength for her and for her family, that God would keep her cancer free.

6.) Prayer for healing for sickness that is going around. Feeling used up and only wants to go to bed, but realizes that there are certain things that need to be completed first.

7.) Prayers for the formation of a worship team at New Outlook Christian Fellowship. They have the people, and some of the instruments...Prayers for direction of the music which would be a wonderful addition to their services.

8.) Two men, who'd finished the In house part of the program, were going to look for jobs today. Pray that they might have favor in their search.

Well, there you are. If you are led to join me in praying for these and others, feel free to do so. If God happens to give you anything please let me know and I will pass it along to the appropriate person.

Hopefully I'll see you here again tomorrow.
God on you....

mb

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My Prayers will be focused on First for the Leader of this Bible Study, then I am going to pour out my heart out on the Group as a whole. I know God will be glad to fill it up faster than I can pour out. My Prayers will be with All the Group with Special mention of These Request. I have sat in the same sets that these Men are in rite now. Pray that they Grab Hold to the Life Line and Find that God Already Has The Other End. Love You All

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...