Tuesday, March 29, 2016

More Prayer Requests From Rapha



I Chronicles 4:10 - A man named Jabez calls on the Lord asking for God to bless him. God does.

I Samuel 1:27 - A woman named Hannah cries out to God to heal her inability to have children. God does.

Jeremiah 33:3 - Call unto Me and I will answer you.

Psalm 91:15 - He shall call upon Me, and I will answer.

Matthew 7:7 -  Ask, and it shall be given to you. Seek, and you shall find. Knock, and it shall be opened unto you.

The power and purpose of prayer is to effect change here on earth through God's intervention in our time and space.We line our hearts up with His, and the words that come from this lining up, is defined as "being in God's will." From this lining up of me to His will, He stands ready to act on what I pray.
Sounds complicated, but it isn't.

If I pray for God to give me a pound of Cocaine or a bottle of fine whisky, it ain't going to happen. Why? Because I have asked God for something that has originated from my own fleshly wants and desires, and has nothing in common for His will for me. I trust God that He knows what is best for me and will provide when I ask (pray) accordingly. So why do I have to ask...? Is that God being mean to me...making me beg Him for something? No. In fact we read in Matthew 6:8 where "God knows exactly what you need even before we ask Him."  SO why ask? When I come to God with my will in line with His and I ask from Him....then I see Him answer my request, it builds up my faith in who God is. I move from believing He will do something to a place of knowing He will answer my prayers.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Bible study at Rapha continues to grow in numbers and in substance. The men are beginning to ask some really good questions about the scripture we are studying. They are learning to cross reference scripture to get a better understanding of what they're reading. Continue to pray that God would pour out on those whose hearts are hungry for Him and His word.

Here are the prayer requests from yesterdays study:

1.) Daughter named Kaylee has a genetic abnormality that keeps her from taking food in. Her father shared the name of this condition, but I could not remember what it was. She will be 3 years old tomorrow. Prayers for healing that God would use whatever means necessary to stop this affliction.

2.) One of the men has a dog that he has owned for 15 years. It is more than a pet to him, and he asked that God would grant good health to this "friend". 

3.) Young man who just arrived into the program asked for focus so he can move beyond this addiction that has robbed him of life.

4.) There was a prayer request for strength to deal with temptation.

5.) One man asked that God would give him a clear mind as he is going through a divorce and custody dispute in court. He does not want his emotion to rule him, but to keep his tongue from speaking what his emotions are telling him.

6.) There was a request that was based on gratitude. This person has 14 days sober, and this is the longest period of time he has been sober in years. His request is that God would grant him just "One more day" of this sobriety and that this man may come to know God on an even greater level.

7.) Prayers for the staff at Rapha that they may walk in the authority and wisdom that God has called them to.

I want to thank all of you who take the time to pray for these men.
You are the best!

God on you...
mbb


No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...