Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Alabama Power Got Nothing On God




Isaiah 60:2
Darkness as black as night covers all the nations of the earth, but the glory of the Lord rises and appears over you.

I love this verse....I love the power that God displays and the reality of His love for us. Darkness....spiritual blindness has come down and covered the hearts of men. It almost reminds me of the passage from Genesis where it describes the condition of peoples hearts during the time of Noah.

Genesis 6:5
The Lord observed the extent of human wickedness on earth, and he saw that everything they thought or imagined was consistently and totally evil.
Did you catch that?
Everything they thought or imagined?
What falls under "everything?" Dude! Everything.

Now when I read those verses, I see hopelessness.
I see a complete saturation of evil and spiritual blindness.

In my mind, I see no answer or way out.
But when God looks down into the heart of darkness, He sees opportunity.

He sees lives redeemed and returned.
From this point, He offers life.
Even during the time of Noah, God was offering a way out of the condition that covered mankind. No one need have perished. But they did because they chose.....get it? Chose? They chose to reject God as being foolish and fairy tale. In fact if you truly look at the story of Noah, God kept reaching out to mankind until it got to the point to where there was only "ONE" righteous man left. God was, and is, patient and longsuffering toward us. We just don't always see it that way.

What I take away from the Isaiah and Genesis passage, is that God is greater than any darkness that would seek to cover my mind and heart to keep me away from Him. God is not intimidated by the devil or his doings here on planet earth. SO if you are reading this and you feel your heart strangely warmed, it might be God speaking to you this day. God desires to remove all sin and darkness from anyone who turns will and life over to His care. Now I don't know about you, but it sounds like a good deal to me.

The video I am attaching to this post is from some friends of ours who came up last April and spent an evening worshiping and sharing. I will warn you that you need to be careful when the video plays...it possesses a strange ability that will cause you toes to tap and a smile come to your face.
Sorry about the ad that has to play before the music starts....just look over it.

God on you...

mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...