Thursday, April 21, 2016

New Day --New Possibilities


Lamentations 3:21-24
Yet I still dare to hope when I remember this: The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is His faithfulness; His mercies begin afresh each morning. I say to myself, "The Lord is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in Him!"

4:02 a.m.
The house is quiet except for the sound of the coffee pot rumbling and sputtering to render it's morning offering. My wife is asleep down the hall in our bed room. She will be greeting her day in an hour. I love the mornings. I love the way my mind is clear and not cluttered with yesterday's concerns. I love the thought of having a new day in front of me. A day with possibilities. To be able to once again, at the beginning of this day, place my will into God's hands. Making a conscience decision that I am not going to run my life today. Oh, there will be decisions to be made, and not everyone of them will require God's help or direction, but He is there waiting to show me what's out there today.

I know that He has deposited His Holy Spirit in me. Can't explain it...don't fully understand it....I just know it to be true. Too many things have happened in my journey that cannot be attributed to anyone or anything except the hand of God. Isn't that just like God though? Jesus was always teaching and demonstrating the truth about the Kingdom rule of God, and when He finished, He left everyone with a decision to make. Either what they had just heard and seen was from God.........or it wasn't it. It's like the entire concept of salvation and relationship with God is built on the same question Jesus asked His disciples in Matthew 16:15 --"Who Do You Say I Am?" Who IS Jesus to me? I could give the book answer..."Oh your my Savior"....or "You're the Christ, the Son of God." But I think that our answer has to come from deep inside our belief system....that Jesus is the author of life. Jesus is the Payment for my sin that enables me to have this incredible relationship with Him. Jesus is who He claims He is...And He has the power and authority to do what He has promised He would do. That is who Jesus is to me. And all along the way, He has proved Himself faithful and true to His word. 


No matter what is out there in today....whether it is a blessing or a problem...whether it is life or death...Jesus will see us through. Scripture refers to those who follow Jesus as being "Overcomers" . Someone under the direction and influence of the Holy Spirit, who does not quit. Is not deterred from the path they are being led down. They meet every obstacle head on, and rely on God to take them through whatever they are facing. That part of Christianity has not changed. I like to think of it as God giving us a spiritual backbone and some sand in our craw to stand up to life and say, "I will not back down and I will not quit. I may not know what the outcome will be, but my hope in God will not allow me to cut and run." I confess to you that this is my prayer for myself. I want to see this life all the way to the end....and when it's my time...beyond.

God on you...

mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...