Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Prayer Request Tuesday


Luke 22:40
There He told them, "Pray that you will not give in to temptation."

I want to pray...
I want to learn how to be a man who draws the ear of God to his prayers.

I think maybe to become such a person means that you are walking in obedience to whatever God has called you to. I want to be able to pray like the Psalms. David had a way of just putting his business out there for God to hear.

I'm not so sure that God hearing our prayers is a matter of the heart and not our eloquence in speaking. That sometimes in our deepest pain, when all we can say is "Oh God...Oh God...Oh God" He understands exactly what we are saying. 


The one thing I want to stay away from is turning my prayers into a personal shopping list of my needs and wants. I want to be able to touch the heart of God on the behalf of others. I want to be a prayer conduit through which God can speak and reveal his plans to.I guess what I'm trying to say in all of this, is that I want to get better at this prayer thing. I think maybe the only way one can get better is to keep praying....keep listening....and study the Scripture.

Had a really good day at Rapha yesterday.
We've got a good group of men in the program at this time.
They have a hunger to know God better, and that is always a good thing.
I had 10 at the Monday Bible Study, which is a good number. We covered the temptation of Jesus in Matthew 4 and Luke 4. Looking at how Jesus stood his ground against the temptation thrown at Him by the devil. Jesus stopped the devil cold with each temptation by speaking Scripture at him. Maybe there is something to this knowing and studying the Bible. 


Here is prayer list from the guys:

1.) Prayer to get this recovery thing right. To know God better and become the man he needs to be. This is the only way he is going to be able to build relationship with ex-wife and family. 

2.) Prayer request for God to cover his girlfriend with peace as she is taking care of his business while he's in treatment. Also this girl is going through grief and loss in the death of her father.

3.) Several asked for that we would pray that God would grant them wisdom. I told them we would, but that according to James 1:5, they could ask and God would give it to them.

4.) One man asked that we pray that God would help him to stop cursing. He told me that he doesn't like himself very much when he does curse, but that it has been a part of his life for so long that he sometimes doesn't even realize he's doing it.

5.) There was a prayer request asking that God would grant him confidence that he would be able to finish the program, stay as long as he needs to stay, and then carry it with him when he leaves Rapha.

I want to thank all of you who participate in  prayer request Tuesday.
My heart is that each of these request be answered so that the hearts of these men will truly know that God is real and does care for them.
Thanks again...

God on you....

mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...