Monday, August 29, 2016

Truth From Frog Eye



II Timothy 2:1-2
.....my dear son, be strong through the grace that God gives you in Christ Jesus. You have heard me teach things that have been confirmed by many reliable witnesses. Now teach these truths to other trustworthy people who will be able to pass them on to others.

The following was posted by my brother-in-Christ, one Mr. Mark Cotney from Frog Eye, Alabama:

Some know and there are those who don't , how much I watch Fox News. This year how ever in the political world I watch in amazement. While hearing all the name calling, it doesn't get America on the path of restoration. In 2008 I went to a small place in Attalla Alabama, there is where I was taught to get honest with myself and with others. Basically that means quit with the lies. The problem with the untruth is one will always have to come up with one bigger, better than the first. Think They may need some of what I had shared with me. 
You see at RAPHA I learned to take responsibility for my actions, past, present future,. It was tough to admit on many things I had lied, then had to come up with another, & another till I couldn't even see over them. The Truth is one step to getting America to a point of restoration. The other step can only come through relying on the Saving Grace of Christ Jesus. 
Steve & Brother Mike y'all think we could find a bed for our Candidates?
RESTORATION starts in the kneeling position, for me anyway.


Somewhere along the way, society came to the conclusion that God's truth was not ultimate and the standard by which all truth is measured. I saw it coming. I just didn't believe it would happen in my lifetime. But here we are. We have turned out exactly as Israel did when you read the last verse of the book of Judges. 
Judges 21:25 - In those days Israel had no king; all the people did whatever seemed right in their own eyes.

We see the results of this rejection of God, in order to self-rule, in those who are in addiction. In this state of living, the moral compass isn't just broken.....it has been cast aside so the individual can live directed by their own lust, want's, desires and passions, all under the control of our sin/nature. Put this behavior on a national scale and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that the country is slipping over the edge into an abyss of self destruction.

I can't save everyone....
But I can be where God has called me to be, doing what He's called me to do.
As I tell others...."I just need to take care of my corner of the Kingdom." If God chooses to enlarge my corner, so be it. But I have to be faithful and teach the truth of who God is...The truth of who we are.....and the the truth of what His desire is for us. I think maybe I can do that.


God on you...

mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...