Thursday, November 3, 2016

More Than Holding On


Isaiah 57:15
The high and lofty one who lives in eternity, the Holy One says this..."I live in the high and holy place with those whose spirits are contrite and humble. I restore the crushed spirit of the humble
and revive the courage of those with repentant hearts."

Dark days out there....
Hard times seem to be piling up. Piling up to stop the progress of people who are trying to simply get by.

We've tossed aside our moral compass to live by our own desires and wants...then we complain because we end up in a ditch. We send to the heavens such prayers as "Life isn't fair!"....or "Where is this God everyone talks about?" 

Funny part in this drama that is played out every day, you can't reject God to live life the way you want to, and then turn around and accuse Him of being hard, cruel, distant, and non-existent. Just doesn't work out that way. I have sat and listened to many a person whose life has gone off the rails, complain and reject the one way to real life. The one way to real life that is found in a person...that person being Jesus. What they fail to realize is that even in their darkest days....the most depressing of times....Jesus was there with them. He hurt for them. He loved them in spite of their rejection of His call to be saved from the mess they had created. He was there.

He is still in the business of seeking "That which was lost".

He still moves  into the night looking and seeking that one sheep that had wandered off, to bring it back into the fold. Back to a place of safety. That isn't just Jesus' job....to be a Savior to mankind....that is WHO He is. He can't do anything less, nor would He ever do such. 

If I am not holding onto Jesus during this dark time in my life and in the life of our country, then where do I find stability to face the day? Where can I place my trust and very life if not on Christ? The darker it gets socially, morally, and religiously, the tighter I will hold to Jesus' hand. No matter what my mind may tell me to do, I will simply follow Him. I will surround myself with other people who are also on this journey to new life. I will encourage and be encouraged by their journey. I choose to see this thing all the way to the end of this life, so I may transcend into the next life with Christ. I may not be able to always see what's coming, but I know that Christ can. I will trust Him. My mind may tell me to "run away" but I will not. I have listened to that old voice and wound up in the ditch far too many times. I choose to stay on this narrow path to new life. I will hold to God's unchanging hand, even though everything around me IS changing. He is my strength and my safe place. You can take that to the bank.


God on you....

mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...