Friday, November 18, 2016

Real Help


Psalm 121:1-2
I will lift up my eyes to the hills-----
From whence comes my help?
My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth.

Step#3
We made a decision to turn our wills and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.

The decision point...
The crossroads where the evidence of my life, and the hope of a new beginning come together.
I have been listening to some music from the 60's all week, and one tune in particular struck me as being a cry for change. In fact, I found an interview given by the author of the song in which he stated that he wrote the song at one of the low points in his life.


Now what is so strange about this is that this man's low point was considered to be the high point by his fans. He was making money hand over fist.....His popularity was totally off the charts....but his personal life was crumbling and falling down all around him. He was empty inside, and in need of a Power greater than himself who could restore him to sanity. I don't know if the man ever found this Power that I've come to know as Jesus. But the words of the song reveal a great truth. The need for every human to turn to Christ for healing and restoration.


This isn't just a religious encounter with God....
This isn't just a good idea or a mental exercise....

This is life...
Here now....

And beyond....
How about you? Are you secretly crying out for help, even though everyone around you thinks you're doing fine?
Don't let your pride get in the way of receiving from Jesus this day....


One last thing....
The man's name was John Lennon....
The song was "HELP!"



Help
When I was younger, so much younger than today...
I never needed anybody's help in any way.
But now those days are gone and I'm not so self-assured
Now I find I've changed my mine, I've opened up the door.
Help me if you can I'm feeling down, and I do appreciate you being 'round.
Help me get my feet back on the ground, won't you please, please help me.

And now my life has changed in oh so many ways,
My independence seemed to vanish in the haze.
But every now and then I feel so insecure,
I know that I just need you like I've never done before.

God on you...
mbb


No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...