Thursday, January 5, 2017

We All Need A Savior





John 17:14
I have given them Your word, and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

We should not be surprised at the hatred the world is showing Jesus.
The world will tolerate Jesus.
The Jesus of it's own creation, not the true Messiah.
Love the Baby Jesus....
That Adult, risen, glorified Son of God is a a bit overbearing (the world's view).
That adult Jesus is intolerant of the many path's which lead to God (also the world's view)
The world believes that sincerity is the key to heaven. Just be sincere in whatever you believe.
Even today much of the truth has been re-covered, re-imagined in an Emergent-Post-modern hodge podge that lays claim to the fact that all this doctrine and theology and Scripture is beyond our knowing. IF we do claim to know anything, the very fact that we understand underminds the validity of that truth. 
Press on this point and you'll soon hear the words, "It's a mystery and we can't understand". 


I have been accused of being closed minded and single focused.
I tell those who accuse me that I'm not closed minded. I'm right.
I didn't make the rules up.
I didn't write the words that say, "I am the way, the truth and the life...no one comes to the Father but by me."


The world loves the songs of Christmas as long as we remove shepherds and wise men and Mary and Joseph and any mention of the Inn.
Do you think Mary and Joseph ever thought they would be associated with such a stink as this Jesus?
Well, here's the truth. Not of my own concoction but according to that worn out, out dated, non relating book called the Bible.
Jesus died for all mankind.
Without his death and resurrection, we were doomed to eternity in hell.
Jesus has opened the door for any who would repent and confess, receiving him as Lord and being filled with God's Holy Spirit.
Ain't magic....
Ain't Twilight Zone or Star Trek...it is Faith in action.
Faith that God is who he says he is and will do what he claims he will do.
A person suddenly being awakened (by God) to the extent of their sinfulness and that they are lost without hope. I think the Bible refers to this as being "Poor in Spirit". When you reach this place then the Kingdom of Heaven is available. God's personal rule and reign in your heart that will guide you through this mess called the world.

I'm sure my age and the place that I currently work have a lot to do with my view. I won't dispute that.
When your eyes see the things I have seen.
When your ears have heard the stories I have heard.
When your heart breaks a million times because someone rejects truth...
well, you tend to lose patience with those who wish to word-wrangle or discount the Bible.
I pray for patience that I may instruct in gentleness and in humility.
I don't hate them.
I don't loathe them.
I don't even wish them harm.
I love them.
I pray for them as I hope they pray for me.
If I have seen or heard wrong, I would that the Holy Spirit convicts me.

Did you notice that I never referred to recovery, addiction, drugs or alcohol in this posting?
Why?
Because we all need a Savior.
We all need someone to pay our sin-debt.
After all, scripture does say that we all fall short of the glory of God.
So from the richest man in the world, to the guy sleeping out under the overpass....we all need Jesus.


No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...