Thursday, March 9, 2017

An Open Letter From Your Addiction



( A letter for you, written by your addiction)

Good morning....
Hope you are miserable this glorious day....
Let's get to the point, shall we?
I hate your meetings! I hate your higher power, Jesus! I hate anyone who has a program they are working.
To everyone who comes in contact with me, I wish you death. I wish you suffering!
Allow me to introduce myself....I am addiction...take your pick....alcohol or drugs, it doesn't matter.

I am cunning, baffling and powerful...but I also possess one more trait that you seldom are aware of.
I am patient. I will wait for you when you "TRY" to recover, only to trip you up down the road somewhere. Yep! That's me. I have killed millions and I'm pleased. I love to catch you with the element of surprise. I love pretending that I am your friend and lover. C'mon! Don't be so surprised. I have given you comfort, have I not? Wasn't I there when you were lonely? When you wanted to die, didn't you call me? I was there! I love to make you hurt.....I live to make you cry.

Better yet, I love it when you are so numb you can neither hurt or cry. You can't feel anything at all. This is my true glory! I will give you instant gratification and all I ask of you is long term suffering.
I've been there for you always, when things were going right in your life, you invited me in. You said that you didn't deserve these good things, and I was the only one who would agree with you.

Together we were able to destroy all the good things in your life. People really don't take me seriously. They take heart attacks, strokes, and ever diabetes seriously. Fools that they are. People hate me so much...and yet, I did not come uninvited. You chose to have me. So many others have chosen me over reality and peace. Let's get this straight....more than you hate me, I hate all of those who have a recovery or treatment plan. I hate your 12 steps. I hate your "Jesus is my higher power". Why do I hate Jesus? Because I know He truly is a power that can break the hold I have over you. Now I must lie here quietly...
You don't see me, but I am here...
Let's get one thing straight....
When you only exist...I LIVE!
When you live....I only EXIST!
SO with all this being what it is, I close with this sentiment.
I wish you suffering and death...

Signed...
Your addiction.

( The following was taken from a handout that I used when I taught at Rapha. I lay no claim to being the author, although I did add a few things to it).

God on you...
mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...