Monday, July 10, 2017

What Kind Of Love Is This?




What mystery is this that has invaded my heart...my mind...my life?
How could I ever wrap my brain around this eternal truth that will not go away?
The very thought that a God that is beyond description could ever love a person like me is this mystery I speak of.

Love...
When I think of this word as being associated with God's feelings and view toward humanity it is beyond my comprehension. Must be some kind of love.


A God who loves those who despise Him....
A God who created the ultimate rescue plan to save a world headed to complete and utter destruction....
A world that lives to devise new ways to hate God every day...
A world that relishes its appetite for those things that break God's heart.
A world that even goes as far as denying His existence could never be deserving of this pure love that God possesses....
God loves in spite of this.


God didn't just love...
We read in John 3:16 that He SO loved the world...

He loved (and continues to do so) the world with purpose.
And this pure, eternal love is still as powerful today as it was at beginning of time itself.

He loves the down and out...
He loves the rich and famous...

From the lowest of the low to the very ones who occupy the top spots of society, culture and government...
Doesn't matter to God....
He flings a net of forgiveness and salvation across time and humanity to catch those who answer His call to be saved.

God loves....

We are all born as image-bearers of this incredible God...
But sin has warped and distorted this truth, to the point that we no longer can see or realize the truth of this statement....we are created in His image.

God's love seeks to remove the damage and destruction of our sin...
So that we stand free and clear, cleansed by the washing of His Holy Spirit within us.

I'm just crazy enough to believe this...
So even though I turned will and life over to His care years ago, I still marvel at the very thought of Him loving me.

As the song states..."What kind of love is this?"

Some day I will be able to fully understand when I stand in front of the One who died for me.
Me! A sinner in need of a Savior...
He paid a price that was meant for me...
He gave himself so that I could have relationship....real relationship with Him.

How can I not chase after Him?
How can I not cry out "I love you!" with each breath I take?

What kind of love is this?
The kind that my Jesus possesses..


God on you..
mbb


No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...