Thursday, August 24, 2017

Faith



Faith....
It is the fundamental fact of existence in that our trust in God....(this faith) is the firm foundation under everything that makes life worth living. It is our handle on what we can't see. The act of faith is what distinguished our ancestors, set them above the crowd. (Hebrews 11)

Can't please God without it....
Can't survive this world if we don't exercise it....
Can't break the hold and supposed power of addiction if we don't focus on God through faith...


Faith reaches beyond my own strength, ability and power....
IT reaches to God who possesses what I need to navigate this life with all its traps, snares and potholes.


Faith.....It is impossible to please God apart from faith. And why? Because anyone who wants to approach God must believe both that He exists and that He cares enough to respond to those who seek Him.

Faith cries out with an unshakable belief that God is bigger than anything I am experiencing or going through. That the internal battle between my sin/nature and my desire to do good can be won by placing my faith in who God truly says He is. 

I no longer have to walk as a divided man in my thinking....
One minute crying out to God for help...
The next bowing my knee to the altar of self, a slave to do its will.

The Power I seek today to break free of this darkness that seeks to kill me was made available over 2000 years ago.
The power flowed from a cross to a tomb....
Out of that tomb, on an early morning, walked the answer to mankind's dilemma. The answer has a name...and that name is Jesus....

Jesus, the Christ...
Jesus, the Messiah..
Jesus, the deliverer...

Jesus, king above all who claims to be king...
Jesus, Lord above all who claims to be Lord...

This is why when I look around I see no hope....
But when I turn my heart, my will and my focus upward...
I see Jesus....
May you find Him today....

God on you...
mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...