Thursday, August 31, 2017

God



Psalm 145:1 - I will extol You, my God, O King. And I will bless Your name forever and ever. Every day I will bless You, and I will praise Your name forever and ever.

The idea that the Eternal God would want to rescue me is beyond my comprehension. The thought that out of all the peoples of the world (beginning to end) He would want to save me, reveal Himself to me, love me and change me in ways that I never could imagine....is beyond me.

What's even more incredible is His desire to reach out to all people with this invitation. His love and His offer of this new life.....life abundant here, and life eternal once we die, is not based on race, color, social status, or intellectual ability. It is given freely to all His creation.
From Muslims to atheists.
From the movers and shakers of the financial world, to the lowest back alley bum.

From the richest of the rich, to the homeless of this earth.
His love and offer to a new life is without boundary.
Nothing or no one can stop this call and offer....
No government can legislate God out of existence.

That would be like trying to grab a fist full of water....
You may lay hold of it, but it will slide through your fingers no matter how tight your grip.

So, you see, it doesn't matter what your drug of choice is this day...
Meth...
Crack...

Heroin....
Alcohol....

The latest street fad concocted from the fires of hell...
God is bigger...
God is stronger...
God's love for you is fiercer....

God is God....
Why not choose this day who you will follow...
The world?
Or my Jesus!

God on you..

mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...