Saturday, September 23, 2017

It was A Good Night At Cornerstone.


Psalm 107:20
He sent out his word and healed them, snatching them from the door of death.

Went to C.R. downtown at Cornerstone Church.
Steve Brewster is the leader of the group, and he has himself something pretty special there every Friday night.

How can you not like a worship team that has a sound reminiscent of the 70's when Southern Rock ruled the airwaves. The band that took the stage to lead us in worship had that same feel and vibe, only now it is filled with the presence of the Lord. If you didn't feel it, you probably need to take your pulse. Song's that pointed to Christ as the answer to this addiction that is killing so many. 

Saw a lot of folks that I had not seen in some time. It was good to catch up and find out what's been going on with them. Lot of good stories....Lot of GOD stories. God has blessed me beyond anything I could ever think or imagine, by letting me be a part of such an incredible community of people that you find in Recovery.

I started off my part by talking about seeing the same folks at every meeting I go to speak at. Last night....then I'll see the same bunch over at Catalyst Recovery......then they will be at Vineyard ReCovery on Saturday.....I've seen them at North Glencoe C.R....I told them,"You guys are either the most dedicated people I know to attend all these meetings....or you're stalking me. I'm not sure which it is!" All kidding aside, these are dedicated folks. These meetings are where family gathers. Where the person sitting next to you knows fully well the struggles you may be going through. Grateful for every meeting that is raised up 

I am grateful for all the "Flavor's" of recovery meetings that God has created. It would be pretty dull if every one of them looked alike and sounded alike. This is the beauty of the God we have chosen to serve. He plants each meeting with a specific bent and slant to lead others to back to Him for the ultimate healing.

As I drove home last night, thinking back on the meeting and what had just occurred, once again I found myself asking that age old question that has followed me for twenty years. "How are you going to top that, God?"
Well, I rest in the knowledge and understanding that He will.

God on you...

mbb

(Last night's meeting was videoed and posted on line. You can see it at Vineyard ReCovery Facebook page.)

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...