Friday, July 28, 2023

JOY!


 Many thanks to everyone  who came out for the meeting last night, especially Debbie H. for filling in and teaching for me. I had the fluid drained yesterday and after such a procedure I am usually wiped out and good for nothing. Hopefully I will be back next Thursday.

I've mentioned on several occasions that because of my health, I've developed a new found love and view of scripture. One verse that has spoken to me is found in Hebrews 12:2 - "For the joy set before Him he endured the cross....." I think the reason this particular verse has stuck with me is the word "Joy." I've tried to rationalize the word "joy"and what it means, but I think the power of the word coupled with what Jesus was facing (the cross) is something that none of us can truly understand until we weigh the glory of heaven and being the the presence of Christ with the struggles and dark things of this world. The comparison of the two words (joy and glory) is where our real struggle lies. But Praise God we have a Savior who truly understands us an desires us to look beyond our 'Today" problems so we can see the hope and promise of Christ that has been afforded to every believer. 

Today I will embrace my "here problems" as I look to the eternal things that await me. I trust you will find comfort in these words, and that you also may lay hold of the person and presence of Christ.

God on you....

mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...