Sunday, July 13, 2008

It Happened!

Psalm 34:8
Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.

Last nights meeting at Rapha was the realization of something I have been praying about for years.
A meeting where God would take it away from us (the leadership) and give it to those present.
You pray about something and you even try to visualize what it would look like, but somehow what you see in your mind always comes up short to what you know the truth to be.

As we entered the meeting,I felt that I was to teach first and we were to worship afterwards.
Midway through the worship set, people began to stir in their chairs. Several got up and went to to others in the room to talk with. Later we found out that Repentance was taking place and these who got up were going to ask forgiveness for feelings and thoughts they had harbored.

Men got down on their knees and put their faces in their chairs and began to pray without any prodding or manipulation from anyone. The room was tender and you could sense God's pleasure. Those who were worshipping sang louder and with passion.

Some came forward to share what God had put on their hearts. Tears! Many tears! And gratitude for who God was. Others came forward to share a verse or a thought. Each one grateful for what was happening at that moment.

Even after the service was over, people hung around talking and laughing, praying for one another. Many hugs and slapping backs, shaking hands and words of encouragement. Two were saved and came to the knowledge of Jesus and the cross.

I guess they thing that spoke to me the most was after everyone had left the room. I was taking all my "stuff" to my office and as I was walking across the compound, off in the distance I heard two of the men singing........"How great is our God....Sing with me...How great is our God....All will see...How great....How great....Is our God!"

Under whispered breath, I replied..."Amen!"

mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...